Wednesday 17 December 2008

Work Christmas Pudding

This pudding was served up by my work's staff restaurant as part of their Christmas lunch.

Purchased: Today
Best Before: N/A
Cooked: ?
Lit up: Err, no
Cream or Custard: Brandy Cream - not exactly my favourite, but never mind
Packaging: N/A
Appearance: Flat topped, swimming in brandy cream. Mid-shine.
Texture: Fairly firm and a little stodgy. Stays together when chewed, rather than falling apart.
Taste: Remarkably this pudding wasn't as bad as I was expecting. The brandy cream stuff was actually OK too, but did mean I couldn't get a proper taste of just the pudding. The pudding itself perhaps leant a little towards the side of being a bit like cake, so that is a bit of a shame. In fact the taste is quite like Christmas cake, which I also like, but it's not the same as Christmas pudding. I think it was a good effort seeing as my expectations were so low. It was quite tough to determine the alcohol content of the pudding because there was so much brandy cream. In the grand scheme of things it goes down as being a fairly average pudding.

Score: 5/10

No comments: