Wednesday 31 December 2008

Christmas Day - Carved Angel 680g Pud with White Chocolate Sauce

I have to apologise, and I will edit my previous post to show this, but I'm not convinced by the Carved Angel pudding anymore! We had it on Christmas Day and I was a little disappointed. I'm not saying the pudding was horrible, but it just wasn't as particularly lovely as I thought... however, the white chocolate sauce I made really worked. Onto the review.

Purchased: Dec 2007
Best Before: ? Forgot to take note ?
Cooked: Steamed
Lit up: Yes
Cream or Custard: White Chocolate Sauce
Packaging: White porcelain bowl with muslin wrap around the top. Cardboard sleeve.
Appearance: Home made look. Not as shiny as other pudidngs, in fact not particularly shiny at all.
Texture: Pretty soft. Tendency towards cakey consistency, but still definitely a pudidng.
Taste: Don't get me wrong, I like this pudding and it is tasty. Nice fruits. It has something about it that you wouldn't normally expect in a pudding that's quite appealling. I just didn't find it, on this eating, to be as nice as previous times. So the score reflects this.

Score: 7/10

No comments: