Monday 8 December 2008

Ultimate Plum Pudding (Charity Pudding) 454g

Purchased: Gift in Dec 2005
Best Before: April 2007
Cooked: Microwave
Lit up: No
Cream or Custard: Cream
Packaging: Red plastic tub with lid, wrapped in plastic. Sticker on top tells you which charity this pudding is supporting
Appearance: Flat top, very shiny pud
Texture: Pretty much just mushy. Disappointing texture - I was expecting more from the "Ultimate Plum Pudding". Far from ultimate, very far.
Taste: Also very disappointing. This is not one to serve up on Christmas Day, or any other day. It tastes a bit like Christmas Pudding, but I wonder whether this is one that is past it's best. It has a slightly sickly character I do have another one that is still "in date" (although I normally disregard such dates). I will endeavour to try this soon by way of comparison and hope it is better. E left her bowl unfinished.

Score: 3/10 (It does support a "charity" after all)

No comments: