Friday 25 December 2009

Christmas Day - Marks and Spencer Vintage Christmas Pudding 907g

This year I went for an M&S pud as I always think they are pretty good. This one had also been on the shelf for a couple of years!

Purchased: Dec 2006
Best Before: Feb 2007
Cooked: Steamed
Lit up: Yes!
Cream or Custard: White Chocolate Sauce (see recipe on blog)
Packaging: Rounded Plastic Tub but in a lovely Red and Black Cardboard Box with Red Elastic Tie
Appearance: Shiny dark pudding. Really tasty looking - but I may be biased as I look forward to Christmas pud on Christmas Day especially!
Texture: Soft and fruity, but also some nuts give it a nice bite. A touch gooey, but not too much.
Taste: As I thought before I ate this it was a pretty solid pudding with a decent taste. I had a pretty alcoholic couple of mouthfuls to start with, but I think this was more likely the brandy I poured over when I lit it up! Nothing too spectacular, taste wise, but decent enough. Good balance of fruit, nuts and alcohol.

Score: 6/10

No comments: