Thursday 11 February 2010

Sainsbury's vs ALDI

I was away at the weekend with a group of friends and one evening we had Christmas Pudding for pudding. There were two pudding brought, both 900g sized ones, one from ALDI and one from Sainsbury's. I mentioned that I'd had Sainsbury's selection from the last year and not enjoyed them, but hadn't tried an ALDI one yet. People were surprised to hear that I reviewed puddings... and were sceptical about the Sainsbury's pud being so poor. They were both cooked in the microwave and served with cream. I don't know exact details of the puddings, but they were both "luxury" ones. ALDI up first and it was really nice. It crumbled away, which is a bit of a shame, but the taste was good. It was also nice a nutty (which didn't please E too much). I can't post a full review as I don't have the full details of the pudding.

Anyway, so ALDI's pud was enjoyed and all who had it agreed it was nice... the Sainsbury's pud was cooked next and passed around. I was not wrong with my reviews shortly before Christmas on this one. It was horrible still. I've no idea what they did to their puddings this last year, but they got it wrong. Cue much amazement from some others that it could be so poor and I may have just got a couple of new readers of the blog this year (bringing the total readership up to about 3 people!).

No comments: